Dagaz Media offer complete turnkey audio production services for projects destined for broadcast, podcast, or subscriber-based/paid audio markets.
Some of the key services we offer are:
- Writing/Story consulting
- Studio/Location Recording
- Dialogue editing / matching / worldizing
- Sound Design and scoring
- Final Mix / Packaging for release
- Distribution Strategy
Dagaz’s Writing Lead Fred Greenhalgh has hundreds of hours of audio writing credits under his belt, including original series (THE DARK TOME, MAYA CRYSTAL, THE CLEANSED, OF FAE & FIENDS) and adaptations (LOCKE & KEY, ELFQUEST). Dagaz also maintains a network of writers from various genres across the world with a specialty in audio dramatizations.
We have extensive experience adapting material from other media to the audio format, including breakdowns of scripts, pacing, story structure, etc. One of our specialties is assessing story ideas and existing IP for suitability as an audio project.
Our studio home is Mind’s Eye Productions, a world-class facility for single- and multi-voiced talent recording in beautiful Portland, Maine.
We have a stunning selection of local talent we’ve developed in more than a decade producing in the Greater Portland, Maine, market, and (pre-Covid) regularly bring in cast from around the world and provide accommodations.
In post-pandemic reality, we’ve pivoted to supporting decentralized remote recording with performers across the globe, and have a talent database of 500+ actors.
Our local studio has been optimized for safe working conditions under strict Covid-19 safety guidelines, including:
- 4x individualized iso booths with Neumann U-87 microphones. Each booth is linked to control room and performers hear each other and can collaborate in real time. Each booth has its own airflow and is sanitized before/after sessions.
- Our control room in Portland, Maine can accommodate remote performers using a variety of collaboration software including Source Connect Now, Cleanfeed, and Zoom/Skype.
As the world returns to in-person working conditions post-pandemic, we’re excited to begin recording on-location again (a technique we pioneered in North America). Location recording is more like shooting an indie film than the traditional studio sound recording approach. A recordist with a portable sound kit follows the actors through real-world spaces to capture a sense of heightened realism. The result is an experience that feels utterly film-like as actors seem to debate, grapple, and fall in love all around your ears.
Need us to come to you? Of course! We have relationships with casting agencies, studios, and crew in major cities – NYC, LA, Vancouver, Sidney, and London – so we can go wherever the project takes.
We’ve edited, packaged, and shipped several hundred hours of dramatized audio. When hired for a project, we do more than just edit or mix, we aim to create a movie for one’s mind.
- Binaural / Dolby Atmos capable.
- Multiple teams of sound designers available depending on project needs.
- Composers able to create original “score to picture” across a variety of styles.
Distribution / Promo Strategy
Have a project that needs a home? Need to understand your monetization options? Leverage our experience and relationships in the podcast and audiobooks space to help find the best distribution and promo partner for your project.